How do Lozenges Help Sore Throats & Colds?
Published June 22, 2015
- Anti-bacterial properties – Betadine Sore Throat Lozenges contain two anti-bacterial agents, dichlorobenzyl alcohol and amylmetacresol to target bacteria that can cause sore throats and provide temporary soothing and effective relief.
- Soothing relief – Sucking on a lozenge encourages the production of saliva, which helps to keep the throat moist and helps soothe scratchiness and irritation.
- Convenience – Betadine® Sore Throat Lozenges can be carried in a handbag or stored at the office to have on hand when requiring fast, soothing relief on the run. Other sore throat treatments, such as gargles, may not be as convenient to carry with you when you’re out of the home.
- Flavour options – Betadine® Sore Throat Lozenges are available in three pleasant-tasting flavours depending on your preferences, soothing lemon and honey, orange or fresh menthol and eucalyptus. These may also offer their own set of advantages in the relief of a sore throat and associated symptoms. For example, menthol and eucalyptus are traditionally used to clear nasal congestion and lemon and honey are regarded as soothing agents.
- Iodine-free – Sore Throat Lozenges by Betadine® are iodine-free and may therefore be suitable for those who are sensitive to iodine products.
- Two pack sizes – Betadine Sore Throat Lozenges are available in two handy pack sizes of 16 and 36 lozenges.
- Can be used as part of a total sore throat solution – Using Betadine sore throat gargle morning and night can aid in the treatment of sore throats by targeting the site and cause of infection. Carrying Betadine Sore Throat Lozenges with you and taking throughout the day can help temporarily relieve sore throat discomfort.
Learn about which Betadine product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE