Simple Cold Sore Treatments & Remedies
Published May 26, 2014
- Use ice or cold water – Applying ice or a washcloth soaked in icy cold water to the blister may help ease symptoms in some people.2
- Take painkillers where appropriate – Simple painkillers may occasionally be required to relieve painful symptoms.1
- Apply a specialised cream or ointment – Betadine Cold Sore Ointment can be applied on the affected area to help reduce the risk of spreading infection and to help provide temporary pain relief. If applied at the first signs of an impending cold sore, usually a tingling or burning sensation, it can even halt infection.
- Keep your hands off – Avoid breaking open blisters, or picking or scratching the scab, which may cause secondary infection and scarring.1
- Avoid spicy or acidic foods – These foods may irritate existing blisters and possibly delay healing time.
Learn about which Betadine product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE