Tips to Minimise the Duration of a Cold
Published May 26, 2014
CauseColds are a type of upper respiratory tract infection usually caused by a virus. They can occur at any time of the year but are most common during winter. The cold virus spreads through tiny air droplets which means you can catch a cold if a person with a cold sneezes, coughs, or blows their nose near you. You can also catch a cold if you touch your nose, eyes, or mouth after you’ve touched something contaminated by the virus, such as a toy or doorknob.2Regular hand washing helps reduce the risk of catching or spreading a cold.
SymptomsSymptoms of a cold may include:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Nasal congestion
- Red eyes
- Occasional fever
Helpful tips to help relieve the symptoms and shorten the duration of a cold
- The herb Echinacea may help relieve the symptoms and shorten the duration and frequency of the common cold.
- Vitamin C may help to reduce the severity of symptoms and the duration of colds.
- Eat well to ensure you’re giving your body lots of good nutrients to help your immune system.
- Garlic helps to support a healthy immune system and helps relieve mucous congestion. Include some in your diet or take it as a supplement.
- Keep up your fluids. Warm drinks can soothe a sore throat and dry mouth. Try a hot ginger and lemon drink.
- Nasal sprays or steam inhalations may help to relieve nasal congestion.
- Get extra rest while suffering a cold. Your body will be telling you to take it easy. Listen to it.
Learn about which Betadine product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE