Easing a sore throat
A sore throat may range in severity from a mild annoyance to a debilitating condition that impacts your ability to talk, eat, drink or sleep. Common home treatments to relieve a sore throat include lozenges, warm drinks and gargles.
Medicated gargles like Betadine Sore Throat Gargle contain povidone-iodine, an antiseptic that can kill the bacteria that may cause a sore throat. Used at the first sign of a sore throat Betadine Sore Throat Gargle can help reduce the severity of your sore throat.
How to gargle to ease a sore throat
How to use Betadine Sore Throat Gargle to help ease your sore throat:
- Stand in front of your bathroom sink with your Betadine Sore Throat Gargle at the ready. If you are using Betadine Sore Throat Gargle remember to dilute it in water first (1mL Betadine to 20mL with water). No need to dilute Betadine Ready to Use Sore Throat Gargle. Use the measuring cup provided to ensure an accurate dosage.
- Swish the contents briefly in your mouth. Tilt your head back and let the solution settle at the back of your throat. Make a guttural ‘ahhhh’ noise so the liquid bubbles and churns around your mouth and throat, continue gargling for 30 seconds.
- Spit the contents out into the sink. Repeat every 3-4 hours if necessary. Do not swallow gargle and use the products only as directed. If symptoms persist please speak with your doctor or general practitioner for further advice.
Why choose Betadine Sore Throat Gargle
Betadine Sore Throat Gargle is a concentrated formula and Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle is a ready to use formula that does not require dilution. Benefits include:
- Compact size — Betadine Sore Throat Gargle is small enough to fit in your handbag to use at the home or the office, on the go, or on holiday.
- No-fuss — Both formulas are easy to use. The Ready to Use Sore Throat Gargle doesn’t require dilution.
- Fast-acting — Betadine Sore Throat Gargle can kill the bacteria that cause sore throats fast (in laboratory studies), helping you get on with your day.
- Targetted treatment — Both formulas target the site and cause of bacterial throat infections.
- Convenient — A convenient measuring cup is included so you get the right dose every time.
Sore throats can cause pain and discomfort. Help ease a sore throat with Betadine Sore Throat Gargle — available in a concentrated or Ready To Use format. If symptoms persist speak to your healthcare practitioner.
Always read the label and follow the directions for use. Betadine is a registered trademark of Mundipharma AG, used under licence.
Learn about which Betadine product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE