Exercises to Stay Healthy This Winter
Published June 2, 2014
Tips to stay healthy and active this winter:
- Join a gym or health club that is on your way home from work. Use machines like treadmills and exercise bikes or try the fitness classes. Consider joining with a friend to keep you motivated when it’s cold outside.
- Make the most of the daylight hours and go for a walk around the block with a co-worker at lunchtime as staying indoors and exposing ourselves to constant dry, heated air can make us more vulnerable to winter germs and sore throats.
- Be mindful of incidental exercise by taking the stairs rather than the lift, cleaning the house with extra vigour, consider getting off one bus stop early or turn on your favourite music and dance like no one is watching.
- Find a local heated pool and swim laps or try a water aerobics class.
- Join a team sport like touch football, volleyball or netball, where you won’t want to let the team down regardless of how cold it is. Most states will also have indoor competitions to get involved with.
- Organise a trip to the slopes and ski or snow board for the ultimate winter workout.1
Learn about which Betadine product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE